Beginners should start easy with less sets of exercises than what is shown. Concentrate on using heavier weights as you go along.
Remember that these reps, sets and exercises only guide you. Always adjust the program according to your own experience and level.
How does the program work?
– This workout program follows the 3-day split routine.
– During the first workout, you fully train your legs and abs. It ‘s easy to add mass to your legs through heavy compound movements.
– In the second workout, you are going to hit the chest, shoulders and triceps. They get targeted in pushing movements like the bench press, military press and dips.
– Instead of doing pushing movements separately for each muscle group, you are performing them all in one workout session and this guarantees full recuperation.
– In the third workout, you are going for the rest of your upper body, like back, trapz, biceps and rear deltoids.
– Train with heavy weights, using fewer reps (6 – 10) for larger muscle groups, like upper back, legs and chest and higher reps (8 – 15) for smaller muscles, like biceps and shoulders. You can go as far as up to 20 reps with muscles like calves, forearms and abs.
– Adjust the workout days and rest days according to your own schedule, but make sure you are training four times in each week.
– You will train the whole body four times during a three week cycle, following 2 on, 1 off, 2 on, 2 off cycle. Below is an example of a 3-week workout schedule:
WORKOUT 1 – Legs,Abs
Leg Extensions 2 x 20 (Pre-exhaust sets)
Squats 4 x 6-10 (Last set to failure)
Leg Presses 3 x 8-10
Hack Squats 2 x 10 (Burning sets)
Straight-leg Deadlifts 3 x 10-12
Leg curls 2 x 12
Seated Calf Raises 3 x 15-20 (30-60s rest)
Standing Calf Raises 2 x 20
High Pulley Cable Crunch 3 x 15-20 (30-60s rest)
Hanging Leg-Raises 3 x 15
WORKOUT 2 – Chest,Shoulders,Triceps
Incline Bench Press 4 x 6-10 (Last set to the failure)
Flat Dumbbell Press 3 x 8-10
Cable Crossover Flys 3 x 10-12
Military Dumbbell raises 3 x 8-10 (Last set to the failure)
Dumbbell side laterals 3 x 10-12 (Burning sets)
Barbell Shrugs 2 x 12-15
Lying triceps extensions 3 x 8-10
Triceps Pushdowns 3 x 10
One Arm Dumbbell Extensions 2 x 10-12
WORKOUT 3 – Back, Rear Delts, Biceps
Deadlifts 3 x 6-10
Barbell Rows 3 x 8-10
Pulldowns 3 x 10
Seated Cable Rows 2 x 10
Bent Over Dumbbell Raises 2 x 10-12
Barbell Curls 3 x 8-10
Alternate Dumbbell Curls 3 x 10
Preacher Dumbbell Curls 2 x 10-12 (Burning Sets)
Hammer Curls 2 x 10-12
The sample workouts are for intermediate and advanced trainers. Feel free to adjust sets and reps according to your own approach and experience level!
Remember to warm-up your target muscles properly before this heavy workout.