Why is testosterone the “holy grail” to muscle, power, endurance and staying lean? How do you get past all of the hype to get a great body? Today’s blog post is perfect for what you need to reach past the hype to get in incredible shape.
Below are some great tips and information to help guide you through the process.
WHY EVEN CARE ABOUT YOUR TESTOSTERONE LEVELS?
Many men just think of testosterone as the sex hormone, and there could be nothing further from the truth because testosterone affects your body in so many more ways than just sexual drive.
17 WAYS TESTOSTERONE IMPACTS YOUR BODY
- It enhances your strength
- It helps in creating more lean muscle mass
- It helps prevent fat accumulation and weight gain
- It enhances your sex drive
- It helps you keep harder and more stimulating erections
- It helps maintain heart muscle protein synthesis
- It acts as an anti-aging hormone by combating cortisol production
- It increases energy and stamina
- It provides enhanced confidence
- It provides cognitive focus and better mental clarity
- It’s a mood enhancer by battling depression
- It helps boost overall confidence and reduce timidness
- It helps maintain red blood cell production
- It helps boost your immune system
- It helps synthesize protein for bigger muscle growth and stronger bone formations
- It helps optimize oxygen flow through your entire body
- It helps regulate cholesterol
Now I don’t know about you, but when I started this journey, I didn’t have a clue that testosterone had such a massive impact on so many areas of physical, mental, and emotional well being.
PROBLEM: TESTOSTERONE DECLINES OVER TIME
Now, the bad news….
Testosterone in your body naturally decreases over time, so all those benefits decrease over time as well.
The decline in testosterone levels starts when you’re about 30, and every year it steadily decreases getting lower and lower.
So one problem is the natural decline of testosterone in your body that occurs with age.
The other problem is that through a variety of other factors, your rate of testosterone decrease can be higher than normal causing you to have Low Testosterone (also called androgen deficiency), and this phenomenon looks like it is on the rise!
Based on current trends and the aging male population, research suggests that by 2025 as many as 6.5 million men will suffer from low testosterone (androgen deficiency)
ABC NEWS REPORTED:
“NEW RESEARCH SUGGESTS THAT ONE OUT OF FOUR MEN OVER 30 HAVE LOW TESTOSTERONE LEVELS”
“Low levels of testosterone impact many aspects of male physiology,” lead author Andre B. Araujo, a research scientist at the New England Research Institutes in Watertown, Mass., said in a prepared statement. “This is particularly significant because the ongoing aging of the U.S. male population is likely to cause the number of men suffering from androgen deficiency to increase appreciably.”
“New England Research Institute scientists analyzed data from almost 1,500 men enrolled in the Boston Area Community Health Survey. The survey tracks people aged 30 to 79 years and compiles data on factors such as testosterone, symptoms of hormone deficiency, and medications that may impact sex hormone levels. Approximately 24 percent of the men surveyed had low total testosterone…”
SOLUTION: A PROVEN TESTOSTERONE BOOSTER
It’s definitely a bit disheartening to have natural age factors, environmental factors, market trends, and other factors working against you and driving your testosterone levels lower and lower.
But there is some very encouraging good news!
The good news is that when you’re armed with the right knowledge, you have power to combat the factors and forces that are working against you and lowering your testosterone levels.
The first and most powerful step you can take is one that also requires the least amount of work and effort and that is taking a proven, powerful, and effective natural testosterone booster!
WHAT IS A TESTOSTERONE BOOSTER?
A reputable and powerful testosterone booster is a natural and safe combination of scientifically studied ingredients that have been proven to help your own body boost its own levels of testosterone! This is completely different than testosterone replacement therapy which we’ll talk about in a minute.
TOP 10 BENEFITS OF TEST BOOSTERS
When you take a testosterone booster that actually does what its supposed to do, you can expect the following high level benefits:
- Your body will produce more of its own testosterone and measurably raise your testosterone levels
- You will gain more lean muscle mass and strength
- You will notice and experience a higher and more intense sex drive
- You will lose weight easier and faster
- You will lose more body fat
- It helps in building more lean muscle mass and strength
- You will experience noticeably higher levels of energy and stamina
- Your body will increase nitrogen retention and blood flow
- Your body will synthesize protein which maintains muscle mass
- Your immune system will get a boost
These are just SOME of the benefits you can experience when you take a proven testosterone booster that produces measurable results and helps your body produce higher levels of its own healthy testosterone.
What’s so interesting is that this is the easiest and fastest way to boost your T-levels – provided you find a booster that works!
Is this the ONLY way that you can naturally boost your testosterone levels? Not at all, but again, it is the easiest and fastest way to get started NOW!
I’ll go more in depth on other strategies and tactics you can take to help your body naturally raise testosterone levels, but at a high level here are some other ways to increase the levels of testosterone in your body.
OTHER NATURAL WAYS TO BOOST TESTOSTERONE
- Short bursts of high intensity interval exercises
- Weight lifting with compound movements (like dumb bell lunges, bar bell squats, etc)
- Eating foods that boost testosterone (like nuts, eggs, avocado, oysters, red meat, cruciferous vegetables, etc)
- Getting rid of foods that increase estrogen which lowers testosterone levels (sugar, simple carbohydrates, soy, etc)
- Eating more foods that block estrogen (like veggies, mushrooms, various seeds, green tea, etc)
- Eating more organic foods that don’t have estrogenic chemicals in them
- Reducing stress (Cortisol) which kills testosterone levels
- Getting more sleep
- Getting 15-20 minutes of direct sunlight a day
THE 3 WAYS TO FIND A TESTOSTERONE BOOSTER THAT REALLY WORKS
#1 LOOK FOR PROVEN AND TESTED T-BOOSTER INGREDIENTS
So the first thing you should do is check the testosterone booster website and look for all the information you can find about the booster. Are the ingredients listed? If the test booster ingredients aren’t listed then don’t even think about using it since there’s no telling what the supplement contains. If the ingredients are listed, check out what they are and what they’re supposed to do.
Obviously researching the test booster ingredients takes time – lots of time. Trust me, I know because I’ve done it with so many different testosterone boosters! Most of us don’t have the kind of time it takes to research and investigate what blend of ingredients provide proven and tested testosterone boosting capabilities.
The good news is I’ve done the research and can save you a ton of time!
I have researched and identified the two test boosters that are head and shoulders above all the rest and meet all the criteria for being considered the best – the right blend of proven and tested ingredients, powerful and meaningful dosages, consistently positive reviews, and overwhelmingly positive customer feedback on GETTING REAL RESULTS!
I go into all the details in the reviews of each product.
LOOK FOR THESE CORE INGREDIENTS
In general though, a good testosterone booster that will actually produce positive results will contain most or all core ingredients like:
- D-Aspartic Acid
- Mucuna Pruriens
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B6
Not only is there scientifically tested and proven testosterone boosting power with each of these core ingredients individually, but the real power and benefits come when they are carefully matched and combined together with the exact dosages needed to help your own body create a tidal wave of its own natural testosterone.
#2 MAKE SURE IT HAS THE PROPER DOSAGES
After making sure that the product has proven and tested ingredients to boost your testosterone levels naturally, the next most important thing is to make sure that the dosage levels are high enough to matter and actually do the job.
Unfortunately, some unscrupulous manufacturers make claims like “proven test boosting ingredients”, and it’s true, but what they don’t tell you is that the dosage levels are so low that it doesn’t matter what the ingredients are – all so they can save money.
Of course it’s very easy for a company to make all kinds of claims about their various ingredients, so you need to investigate each one. Again, this takes a lot of time, but don’t worry, because I have already gone through this research process and have the information here on this site.
Look for a minimum of these dosage ranges:
- D-Aspartic Acid (1600mg – 2500mg)
- Mucuna Pruriens (150mg – 300mg)
- Zinc (30mg – 75mg)
- Vitamin D (5000 IU)
- Boron (5mg – 10mg)
- Ginseng (100mg – 300mg)
- Vitamin B6 (5mg – 25mg)
#3 MAKE SURE IT HAS ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS
It’s hard to emphasize this point enough, but the latest research shows that natural substances, minerals, vitamins and other components are best suited for increasing testosterone. According to researchers, natural ingredients and elements blend in more harmoniously with the body, which is essential for increased muscle development. Furthermore, natural ingredients reduce the odds of any unpleasant side effects manifesting while you take it.
DON’T HAVE TIME TO RESEARCH FINDING THE RIGHT BOOSTER?
There are thousands of test boosters to choose from, but based on my countless hours of research on testosterone booster reviews and going blurry-eyed reading through medical journals and clinical trials and tests, there have been two testosterone boosters in the market that have consistently risen to the very top every single time.
These two test boosters come with just the right blend of specific TESTED and PROVEN ingredients and they come with POWERFUL and MEANINGFUL DOSAGES which means YOU GET REAL RESULTS!
TOP TESTOSTERONE BOOSTERS FOR 2017
Best Overall Test Booster: Testabolan
- Our top test booster for addressing Low-T, increasing libido, and energy
- Most popular with and raving reviews from men in their late 30’s, 40’s, and older
- Most common feedback among older men is feeling and acting 10-20 years younger again
- Highest quality and forms of ingredients (fully disclosed)
- No “proprietary blend” of ingredients
- Most effective and best overall results
- The Ferrari of test boosters
Best Booster For Muscle Builders: Testo Boost X
- Best rated test booster for muscle builders
- Most popular among younger men looking to enhance their workout supplementation
- Market proven with amazing customer reviews since 2012
- Most recommended by bodybuilding sites
- Fully disclosed ingredients
- No sketchy “proprietary blends”
- The hot rod muscle car of test boosters
- Best booster for tight budgets
- Biggest bang for the buck
- Low price but proven ingredients and dosages
- No “proprietary blend”
- Fully disclosed all natural ingredients
- Powerful and effective test boosting results
- Reverse loss of libido, stamina, and mental focus
- Fantastic product and customer reviews
- Lowest price per bottle/month of our 3 recommended products
If you spend the time like I did and research the reviews, you will see that Prime Male, TestoFuel, and Testogen got overwhelmingly positive product reviews and consistently positive customer feedback across the board. To me, that is worth its weight in gold! That’s when you know you’ve got a proven winner!
WHAT EXACTLY IS LOW-T?
The technical term for Low-T is called Hypogonadism, and medically speaking, it refers to the diminished functional activity of the gonads (testes) whereby your body is not producing a “normal” amount of testosterone.
WHAT’S CONSIDERED A NORMAL RANGE FOR TESTOSTERONE LEVELS?
Technically speaking a range of 300 – 1000 ng/dL (nanograms per deciliter) is considered in the range of normal. Keep in mind that a male in his 20’s will typically have a normal testosterone level of 900 – 1000 ng/dL whereas a male in his 40’s will have what is considered a normal level for his age from 400 – 600 ng/dL.
Typically treatment is considered when levels fall below 350 ng/dL. However, treatment may still be considered at higher testosterone levels. For example, a male in his 20’s may have a testosterone level of 380 ng/dL which is considered in the “normal range” – except that the norm for men in his age group is 900 – 1000 ng/dL. Low testosterone may be to blame if he starts exhibiting signs of Low-T since he has a testosterone level that is more common with a man in his 70’s or 80’s putting him in the bottom 5% in his age group.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF LOW-T?
First, let me say that the most definitive way to tell if you have Low-T is to go to the doctor and have a test run on you that measures your exact testosterone level.
Generally speaking, there are some symptoms or signs of Low-T that are generally pretty good indicators that your testosterone levels may be low, especially if you have multiple symptoms together.
If you have low testosterone what happens is that your body can’t maintain peak metabolic function, and that can manifest itself in the following symptomatic ways:
- Unexpected Weight Gain and Belly Fat
- You see this a lot as men hit their forties. All of a sudden they start getting the pot belly even when they were not overweight in their 20’s and 30’s
- Loss of Sex Drive
- Typically men with Low-T will just have a general lack of interest in sex, and they’ll typically blame it on being tired
- Softer Erections or No Erections
- You can barely get an erection when you normally would be rock hard, or you can’t seem to get an erection at all when you normally would be able without a problem
- High Level of Fatigue
- You experience a loss in energy and stamina find yourself constantly tired (which kind of goes along with the no interest in sex) and not really feeling like doing anything. You may just feel weaker over all and can’t seem to keep up with people or activities like you used to
- Depression or Social Withdrawal
- You just don’t feel like doing anything with people like you used to. It feels like too much effort and you would just rather not be bothered. Sometimes your overall confidence takes a hit as well and you might not perform as well in your personal or professional life.
- Loss of Muscle and Strength
- Muscle size and definition appears to noticeably diminish as well your strength which kind of go along with losing energy, stamina, and feeling fatigued.
You can see how these collectively can create a real negative domino effect. It’s like all the symptoms feed off of each other.
Just one of these symptoms alone would be extremely difficult to deal with. Imagine how you would feel if you were dealing with more than one or all these symptoms.
HOW DO YOU FIX LOW-T?
Simply put, the way you fix or address low testosterone levels is to raise your levels of testosterone.
The question is how do you raise it? There’s more than one way to address this problem.
Here are the three core ways to raise your testosterone levels:
- Take part in medically prescribed Testosterone Replacement Therapy
- Take a powerful and proven natural Testosterone Booster
- Make changes in your life that are known to help increase your testosterone
TEST BOOSTERS VS. TESTOSTERONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY
Natural testosterone boosters are much different than testosterone replacement therapy. The best test boosters with the right blend of ingredients and dosages provide your body with a blend of natural components that help your body produce more of its own testosterone.
Testosterone replacement therapy (also called Androgen Replacement Therapy), on the other hand, is an actual medical treatment prescribed by a medical doctor whereby you most commonly inject outside testosterone into your body. (There are also topical creams and pellets available as well)
To me, the biggest downside to testosterone replacement therapy is that it encourages your body to “turn off” production of its own testosterone because “it thinks” it is producing more than enough of the hormone due to the outside testosterone you are receiving. So what ends up happening is usually once you start testosterone replacement therapy, you’re pretty much committed for life if you want to maintain the higher levels of testosterone.
Not to mention the other downside items like the high cost of the treatment and all the potential negative side effects (mood swings, fluid retention, testicle size reduction, gynecomastia (male breasts or “bitch tits”), increased blood pressure, spleen enlargement, blood clots, increased hematocrit levels, increased oily skin or acne, and negative effects on your sperm fertility).
I’m not saying you’ll encounter all of these negative side effects or even just a few of them with testosterone replacement therapy, but all these potential negative side effects are NON ISSUES with test boosters because they are all natural and they give your body exactly what it needs to produce more testosterone and increase your T levels naturally!
You’re not injecting outside testosterone into your body with T boosters like you are with T replacement therapy.
SAFETY CONCERNS WITH TESTOSTERONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY
The Journal of American Medical Association published a study in November of 2013 that really put testosterone replacement therapy on the FDA’s radar.
A study was done on 1,223 men (average age of 60) who had been diagnosed with Low-T and had undergone testosterone replacement therapy. The study indicated that these men had a 30% greater risk of stroke, heart attack, and death compared to men who did not receive the outside testosterone.
Another study conducted by PLOS One found that heart attacks increased 2X in men 65 or older after only 90 days of beginning testosterone replacement therapy. Those men that were under the age of 65 with a history of heart disease had a 2x-3x risk of having a heart attack in the same time period.
ARE TESTOSTERONE BOOSTER SAFE?
Testosterone boosters don’t have any of the issues or problems associated with risk and safety like Testosterone Replacement Therapy does.
First of all, they are all natural supplemental ingredients. There’s no foreign substance or outside hormone being injected to your body.
These carefully selected and combined ingredients have been medically studied and proven to help your body do its own natural process of producing its very own testosterone (vs. getting injected with foreign outside testosterone), and there’s nothing safer or more natural than giving your body the supplemental tools it needs so it can produce more of its own testosterone naturally and safely.
WHAT’S THE BEST PLAN FOR RAISING TESTOSTERONE?
You want to employ strategies and tactics that essentially do two things when all is said and done:
- You want to do things that actively raise your testosterone levels
- You want to remove things in your life that kill your testosterone levels
7 PROVEN STRATEGIES THAT RAISE YOUR TESTOSTERONE NATURALLY
#1 TAKE A PROVEN TESTOSTERONE BOOSTER
Adding a test booster to the list of supplements you are already taking should be the first thing you do because not only is it the fastest & easiest solution, but it also gives you the greatest results in the shortest amount of time. Start by giving your body what it needs so that it can generate and produce even more of its own testosterone naturally.
#2 EAT FOODS THAT INCREASE TESTOSTERONE
Eating the right testosterone boosting foods should play a significant role in your battle plan to raise your testosterone levels naturally.
Foods Containing Zinc
Looks for foods that are high in Zinc because Zinc is known to boost testosterone, increase sperm, increase physical endurance, and it helps aid muscle growth.
A study published in “Nutrition” found that men with inadequate zinc intake had lower testosterone concentrations.
- Seafood (especially oysters), nuts, seeds (particularly pumpkin seeds), and lean proteins are just a few foods that are high in Zinc.
Foods Containing Bromelain, Riboflavin, and Vitamin B
- Some examples of foods high in Bromelain, Riboflavin, and Vitamin B would be bananas, pineapple, cheese, almonds, salmon, eggs, mushrooms, and spinach
Foods Containing Diallyl Disulfide
Foods high in diallyl disulfide are great because they help release a hormone which stimulate testosterone production.
- Garlic is one of the best testosterone boosting foods because it is very rich in diallyl disulfide
Foods High In Magnesium
Magnesium has been studied and proven to boost testosterone.
- Nuts, fish, and avocado would be a great foods high in magnesium to incorporate into your diet to help boost testosterone
Foods High In Vitamin D
There are multiple studies about Vitamin D and how it correlates to testosterone levels in men. Men with Vitamin D deficiencies also show low levels of testosterone. On the flipside, men with healthy levels of Vitamin D also show higher levels of testosterone. Plus a study in “Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise” reported that men with higher blood levels of Vitamin D have stronger upper and lower body muscle strength.
- Foods like fish, shrimp, eggs, mushroom, and pork are all high in Vitamin D and should definitely be incorporated into your healthy testosterone boosting eating regime.
#3 BEWARE OF ESTROGEN IN YOUR DIET
Men and women have both hormones, but women have more estrogen, and men have more testosterone.
This one is important because due to the influx of chemicals, pesticides, and hormones being used on and in our food today there is a massive influx of estrogen being added to our diets.
Estrogen is the kryptonite of testosterone, and we need to be vigilant in protecting our testosterone levels from getting assaulted by it.
When your estrogen levels get too high, you can experience symptoms and side effects like:
- Gynecomastia/Male breast growth
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Weight Gain
- Low Libido
- Prostate Problems
- Stroke Risk
- Cardiac Disease
- More Feminine Characteristics
Types of Food To Avoid That Raise Estrogen Levels:
- Sugar – bad for you in every way, shape, and form PLUS it raises estrogen and kills testosterone
- Junk Food Carbohydrates – donuts, cookies, crackers, etc – they all turn to sugar which then raises estrogen and kills testosterone
- Soy – soy mimics estrogen and has the same testosterone-killing effects, plus most soy is genetically modified
- Non-Organic Milk – contains literally dozens of chemicals that raise estrogen levels. Milk is awesome, but only organic.
- Non-Organic Meats – filled with steroids and other chemicals just raises estrogen levels. Another case where you have to buy organic. Then you’ll get one of the best sources of ingredients to raise testosterone levels!
Types of Food That Block Estrogen
There are some great foods to incorporate into your diet plan that are fantastic at blocking the production of estrogen.
The following is a good Top 10 Anti-Estrogen Foods list of foods to start with that are shown to help block the testosterone killing hormone, estrogen:
Top 10 Anti-Estrogen Foods:
- Citrus fruits
- Dark berries
- Red wine & red grapes
- Raw nuts
- Garlic & onions
- Green leafy vegetables
- Cruciferous vegetables
- Coconut oil & olive oil
- Chia seeds
#4 INCORPORATE HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING TO BOOST TESTOSTERONE
Wikipedia describes High Intensity Interval Training as:
“High-intensity interval training (HIIT), also called high-intensity intermittent exercise (HIIE) or sprint interval training (SIT), is a form of interval training, an exercise strategy alternating short periods of intense anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods. HIIT is a form of cardiovascular exercise. Usual HIIT sessions may vary from 4–30 minutes. These short, intense workouts provide improved athletic capacity and condition, improved glucose metabolism, and improved fat burning”
High intensity interval training has been shown to be a powerful and effective method of raising testosterone levels naturally. Oh, and you get a side benefit as well because it also raises HGH (human growth hormone) levels in men as well.
Furthermore, high intensity interval training is fantastic for burning fat, and it keeps burning fat even after the workout is over – even 24 to 48 hours after a HIIT workout.
Men’s Fitness has a great article called 8 Amazing Fat Burning Intervals which gives you some great ideas!
#5 DO SOME WEIGHT LIFTING TO BOOST YOUR TESTOSTERONE
Low repetition weight lifting (around 6 reps) to failure have been shown to increase testosterone dramatically. Working out to failure will tax your body and the more you stress your body the more testosterone will be released – just not over a lengthy and extended period of time, or else you’ll end up producing testosterone killing Cortisol.
Best heavy lifting exercises are ones that combine multiple or compound movements like squats, dead lifts, and flat bench presses.
#6 GET MORE AND BETTER SLEEP TO INCREASE TESTOSTERONE
It doesn’t get much easier than this, so take this to heart. Studies and medical science show that sleep deprivation can have a definitive and detrimental impact on your testosterone levels, your libido, and your overall energy & stamina. Bottom line – get more and better sleep and your testosterone (and HGH) levels will increase too!
#7 KEEP TABS ON YOUR STRESS LEVEL
Guys, this one is really easy to just gloss over because we all have stress in our lives, right? It’s true we all have stress in our lives to some degree or another, but how you manage your stress makes a huge difference on testosterone levels.
The problem is when your body is in a constant state of stress, you produce a testosterone killing steroid hormone called Cortisol. The body is amazing in that it will produce Cortisol when you need fight or flight survival energy and instincts. Where this becomes a detriment is when you are in a constant and persistent state of high stress and you produce Cortisol over an extended period of time. That’s when it becomes a problem.
When you don’t give your body a chance to get back to a normal “unstressed” state, then Cortisol production becomes chronic, and that’s where the testosterone producing damage happens. Cortisol, over an extended period of time, breaks down muscle, increases abdominal fat, decreases bone density, increases resistance to insulin, and even suppresses thyroid function.